Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It's everywhere

I've been a couple of days in Bangkok now, mainly orientating and doing a bit of siteseeing / shopping. It's an incredible place, huge and takes a while to find your way around, though the taxi-drivers are very helpful. But enough of this travelogue.

What's been really hitting me in Thailand - both down south and now in Bangkok - is that "IT" is everywhere. The "S" word. OK, we're all adults (and if you're not, click here) - I mean SEX. Let's be clear first: I'm not a puritan, what two consenting adults do in private is their own business. AND though I don't like it, I think prostitution is a "neccessary evil" which gives certain types of men an outlet they otherwise would'nt have. Just as long as the sisters in the business are in properly controlled (i.e. safe, clean, healthy) environments and are'nt being forced to do anything they don't want do.

BUT here in Thailand it is like it's everywhere. Before I came I heard about this district in Bangkok ("Patpong", I now know its called) where the sex shows are, girls shooting the oddest stuff from their private parts and of course the rooms for doing the deed (though who would want to do it with a girl who's just had razors up there, I don't know). That's cool, every place needs its freak show. BUT dig this: on Samui I went for a massage. Yeah, the word massage can sound a bit seedy, but Thailand is famous for its massage, and it's like so cheap but so amazingly good. And I went into this one place, and was getting a massage in a curtained-off area at the back of the shop, and in the next cubicle-like thing there was this guy, evidently - I could hear him groaning, like it was a great massage, then like this huge sigh, and the girl who was massaging me said like it was a joke "him lucky man, have happy end". Now at the time I thought that was a wierd thing to say, but on the way up on the bus to Bangkok there were these two guys in front of me and they were talking about the great massages they'd had, and it turned out every massage was just a sort of foreplay and get this - the happy end is what it sounds like, i.e. they were getting "serviced" by the massage girls. And not just by hand, some places it's like the whole caboodle. GROSS, I'm staying away from these massage places until I'm sure I can find somewhere (there must be some) where I know the masseur's hands haven't just been oiling some guy's sticky bits.

So what i'm saying here is: if you're a guy in Thailand, even young, there is so much temptation. I know guys tick differently and let their dicks do the thinking too much, but the way it is here,it's just sooooo corrupting especially for the younger ones (and by young I mean anyone under say 40), because theyre gonna get home with totally the wrong expectations, and it's us girls who are going to get the blame for not being slutty enough.

No comments: