Thursday, August 9, 2007

Didn't see much

So I took the skytrain down Sukhumvit (sorry, in the last post I spelled it wrong) to the end of the line to On Nut. Couldnt' see much though. At On Nut there's a big place called "Tescos", had a look around and a cup of coffee. It was a bit like Walmart or something, nothing special, dont come to Thailand just for this LOL. Went back to Khao San road, because it was already dark, to get some laundery done. (Or rather, have it done for me - it's so cheap here). And anway, at the hotel "bar" met this guy called Dave, who's Scottish or British (can't remember which), he's been upcountry on a spiritual retreat, which sounded cool, and he's staying in BKK for a few days to "retoxicate", as he put it. So we got talking, and he was really getting how I'm seeing the whole situation here, with guys and the sex trade. He said he's seen so much of Thailand but has always avoided that aspect of it because it clashes with his spirituality and he's afraid he might get dragged into it somehow if he goes near. 'K, so I tell him I want to see Sukhumvit after dark, and he's cool with that because I can be his "anchor" and that will let him "observe from a detached distance".

So we're going to go together tomorrow or maybe the day after and get a handle on the situation. It's great hes a really cool guy by the way, because that "anchor" remark a girl can interpret in different ways you know, but he is so into the spiritual thing I know it's metaphorical, and I felt like so lightened after talking to him (Note: not enlightened, it wasn't that kind of deep spiritual conversation, but the way he talks its like having a weight lifted off your shoulders).

No comments: