Thursday, August 9, 2007

Even worse than I thought

So, I've been doing like lots of tourist stuff, and I'm based just off the Khao San Road which is in the center of BKK (that's Bangkok) and if you look on the map it's right in the middle of the city, not far from where all the old palaces and temples and stuff are. Khao San Road is like where all the travelers stay, though the "old hands" say it's become a night life place too in the last few years, and you see a lot young Thai people too, which is good because its hard to meet real Thais. Anyway, so you see a few "young ladies" where you think, like, "she's on the game" but it's not like there's much of that stuff here, Though the young guys who walk down the Khao San road with their latest "conquest", it's like everyone looks at each other and says silently "we know where she came from".

'K, so I went to have a look at the Patpong place, its near the Silom Road, and in the day there's not much to see there (no darts or razors shooting out of windows injuring passersby!!). But its hot there, not much in the way of malls, so I took the skytrain to the shopping district which is in the other direction, lots of big air-conditioned places. (Check out Gaysorn Plaza if you're a shopping freak, the name's a bit of a bad choice but wow the shopping is like, everything!). One place I found a big Japanese bookstore (KINUKONIYA, what's with all the Japanese places here anyway?!) with a big section of English books, and like wow, there are even all sorts of novels about guys and what they get up to in BKK. Yeah, what do you think? Anyway, see my real blog for some interesting stuff on Thailand I found, but what I also learnt is the "action" is not much around the Patpong place now; it's concentrated along the "Sukumwit" street around a place called Nana Plaza (which even has its own skytrain station). So, what's a girl going to do? I need to know what I'm dealing with here, but I'm not sure if it's safe? (I'm in an internetcafe now, lots of those around). OK, my map shows me the skytrain runs along the Sukumwit, so I'll just have a look "from above" today and come back tomorrow better prepared (forewarned is forearmed, my mother likes to say).

No comments: